Do Beeswax Candles Purify The Air – Pros & Cons Of Beeswax Candles
If you are looking for scented candles without artificial ingredients that don’t release toxins when burning, then beeswax might be the best choice in every way. Such candles are said to be healthy for you and good for the environment because they give not only light and a pleasant scent, but also can purify the air in your home. Should you want to know more like how do beeswax candles clean the air, what benefits they can provide you, how they smell or which one to choose, keep reading this article.
Pros and cons of beeswax candles
Beeswax candles are preferred by many people because they are all-natural, but to learn if they are a good choice for you, let’s see their features, advantages and disadvantages.
- Beeswax candles burn cleaner and with less soot than paraffin wax, which means they produce fewer toxins making them better for you and better for the environment
- They have a natural honey scent that adds a pleasant ambience to any home or environment
- By releasing negative ions while burning, they naturally purify the air and eliminate odors in your home
- Natural beeswax candles are made using renewable resources that don’t pollute the earth as much as petroleum-based wax candles so they are environment friendly
- Containing no harmful chemicals, burning beeswax candles are safe to use around babies, people who have a sensitive respiratory system as well as pets
- They burn bright emitting a warm glow that has the same light spectrum as the sun, therefore create a cozy, relaxing atmosphere
- The price is higher than petroleum-based waxes and paraffin wax candles because bee’s wax isn’t as abundant as those materials are
- Beeswax candles have a lower resistance to heat than paraffin wax or soy-based candles, which means they may not last as long in terms of burning time
- Some people find the natural honey scent of beeswax too strong or sweet for their liking, although this can be remedied by choosing scented versions
How do beeswax candles clean the air?
Beeswax candles are considered air-purifying candles. They release negative ions into the surrounding environment that attract dust and other particles to them, which can then be trapped in water vapor or burned up by heat.
This feature makes them beneficial for people with allergies; burning such candles cleans the air while creating an attractive ambience within any space where they are used. They are the best choice for anyone looking for an eco-friendly and healthy way to cleanse the air in their home.
Moreover, due to their air purifying benefits, beeswax candles’ spiritual use is also widespread. They are said to absorb negative energy making your environment calm. For anyone who loves burning candles while yoga or meditation, such candles are brilliant.
Best candles for stress relief
Relaxing candle scents
Are beeswax candles safe?
Beeswax is healthier than paraffin wax because it does not release toxins into the air when burned. As a result, they are safe for everyone including babies and pets and can be used in all rooms without worrying about having harmful chemicals being released into the environment.
Bee’s wax is a natural antibacterial and antimicrobial agent that works together with ions to purify the surrounding atmosphere while simultaneously getting rid of any bad smells. Therefore, these candles can be said to be healthy for people who are sensitive to synthetic aromas or have allergies because they help eliminate dust and other particles in the air while releasing a light, sweet floral fragrance.
How do beeswax candles smell?
Beeswax is naturally scented by the honey and floral nectar in the honeycomb therefore comes with a light sweet honey scent. Beeswax candles are made from the same wax that bees produce to make their beehives and no artificial additives can replicate natural beeswax aroma.
This natural honey aroma is sweet and calming, however can be a little too strong for some people’s liking. Those who still want to enjoy beeswax candles’ benefits but don’t like how they smell should choose products that are fragranced. The best scents for beeswax candles are natural, rather strong aromas such as peppermint, lemongrass, grapefruit, vanilla, eucalyptus, vetiver or lavender.
Best natural and scented beeswax candles
After reading all this information about beeswax candles, I’m pretty sure that you want to try them yourself, so let me recommend you some of my favorites!
Serenibee Candle Beeswax Tea Lights
These tea lights are made with 100% natural beeswax and have a lovely, subtle honey scent. They are great for use in any space, and their small size makes them perfect for use on tables or countertops.
- 100% beeswax tea light candles contain no paraffin or harmful fragrances
- with warm and delicious honey aroma that smells incredible but is not overpowering
- packaged in cotton bag, one reusable steel candle holder included
The package also includes one pretty steel candle holder so you won’t produce waste when choosing this product. Moreover, they are packed in a reusable cotton bag that makes these tealights truly environment-friendly!
Mia Candles Beeswax Pillar Candle
If you love candles that don’t only smell wonderful but also look very elegant, this hand-rolled pillar candle with a unique honeycomb texture is a must to buy! It burns for up to 30 hours and is made with a cotton wick for a clean, smoke-free burn. Create a pleasant environment in your home or gift it to your loved ones who love the fresh smell of honey.
- high quality, pure and natural beeswax hand-rolled candles are made by traditional methods
- with unique light honey scent that can boost your daytime energy and eliminate depression and stress
- contains no chemicals, no additives, no petroleum
Bluecorn Beeswax 100% Pure Beeswax Votives
These unscented votives are made with 100% pure beeswax and are perfect for use in any space. They are great for anyone who wants to enjoy the benefits of beeswax with no strong scent since they give off a light honey aroma only.
- 100% Pure Beeswax: Scented by honey, colored by pollen
- Non-toxic, lead-free & hypoallergenic, emits negative ions that cleanse the air
- Handcrafted in Ridgway, Colorado, USA
Burning for up to 15 hours and come in a pack of six, these votives make a budget-friendly choice for beeswax candle fans.
DAYSPA Body Basics Lemongrass Hand-Poured Beeswax Candle
This lemongrass scented beeswax candle is hand-poured, made with all-natural ingredients and comes in a recycled glass jar that makes it an eco-friendly choice. With a light lemongrass scent, it is perfect to use in any room that needs a little refreshment.
- naturally air purifying beeswax candle
- with clean, light, citrus scent that is refreshing, rejuvenating, stimulating and balancing
- slow-burning, all-natural, smokeless, with cotton braided wick
With fresh citrusy aroma, lemongrass candles are known to relieve stress and boost the mood so if you feel nervous or under pressure, burning this DAYSPA candle will surely help clear away negative feelings.
Root Candles Scented Beeswax Candle
Those who are looking for scented beeswax candles made with all-natural ingredients will love Root Candles. Infused with pure essential oils, even those can enjoy the benefits of beeswax candles who don’t like their original honey-like aroma for any reason.
- candle made with Root finest all-natural blend of beeswax and other Premium natural waxes; contains no petroleum-based or paraffin waxes
- with pure essential oils and lead-free cotton wick for a smokeless, soot-free burn
- poured into a Tumbler style glass that highlights the vibrantly colored wax
Coming with an elegant clean jar, this candle is perfect for use in any room or space in your home that will not only purify the air but also will be a nice décor element. With over 40 various floral and fruity aromas, you’ll surely find a fragrance to your liking in Root’s selection!
Inspired? Pin it!
"Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I'll make a small commission at no extra cost to you."
Ellie Rose is a florist and home fragrance expert. She has a passionate curiosity for learning about aromas and eager to help others on how to create a pleasant ambience in their home by using the power of scents.